Mpeg 1 layer 3 compression laptop based jukebox - Started at the begining of November 2004
The idea was to build a a better looking and more portable version of the V1.
This was finished in time for the Chrismas season, and even 10 years later is still going strong!
- Hardware :-
- An old laptop:
- AMD 300MHz Pentium class processor.
- A 8GB 2.5" HDD
- A relay wired to the power switch to automatically turn it on when power is applied.
- Inspired by Blake 7's Orac
- Shares the mpeg 1 layer 3 decoder from the Mark 2/3 (Source code).
- Enough disc space for over 2000 tracks.
- Best next track search from the Mark 2.
- Designed to be idiot and beer proof, so only has a few buttons.
- The menu display presents a few lines of instructions, a status line and 21 lines of tracks.
- The tracks are listed in "artist" or "track title" order
- The cursor keys scroll through them.
- Point to a track and press "enter" to add it to the play list, it's as simple as that.
I wanted something more stylish for home, so developed Mark 5 - Small jukebox
The various jukeboxes
|AMI-Rowe||Portable V1||Portable V2||Seeburg SC-1
The software is open-source, see Here.
Copyright © 1998..2014 Roger Walker. All rights reserved.
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.
This page was lasted updated on Sunday, 10-Aug-2014 08:52:55 BST